- 250gm unsalted butter
- 3 eggs (1 egg for smearing)
- 250ml full-cream milk or buttermilk
- 1 cube/40gm fresh yeast or 14gm dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 800gm plain flour
- Red paprika
- Sesame seeds
1. Combine the butter, salt, milk, yeast, flour and 2 eggs and knead into a smooth dough.
2. Leave the dough to rest for approx. 20 minutes.
3. Divide into 4 balls of dough.
4. Thinly roll out each ball on to baking paper and smear with 1 beaten egg white and a little salt. Scatter with white sesame seeds.
5. Turn over and smear with 1 beaten egg white and a little salt. This time, sprinkle with red paprika and oregano.
6. Cut dough into strips that are 1.5cm wide and length of your choice and twist each strip into a spiral shape.
7. Place on to a greased baking tray and smear the leftover egg yolk only on the sections covered with white sesame seeds.
8. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 15 minutes.