This recipe is for a traditional baked cheese dish, which is usually served as an appetiser with bread or bread sticks. I have not included the recipe for the bread sticks; however, a much easier option is to use grilled or toasted Turkish Bread. For a crunchier alternative, you can toast or grill normal sandwich wraps. Just drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle on some sesame seeds and pop in the oven until crunchy!
Please note, this recipe works best using a clay baking dish or pot.
- 250gm crumbed Danish Feta cheese
- 200gm Mozzarella cheese
- A handful of chopped mushrooms
- Optional: handful of chopped ham or bacon
- 1 tablespoon of Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Evenly spread the crumbed Feta on the bottom of the oiled baking dish
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle Oregano over the Feta
- Squirt desired amount of Ketchup over the cheese and Oregano (just enough to cover)
- Arrange chopped mushrooms (and ham) on top of the cheese, and pop in the oven for about 5-10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (or until mushrooms are ready and soft)
- Remove from oven and add Mozarella
- Drizzle with ketchup and sprinkle sesame seeds over the Mozarella
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius, or until the top layer of cheese starts to brown
- Serve hot with bread sticks